Do you have a passion for making a positive impact in the world? Do you wish to learn how to lead with purpose, values, and ethics? Do you want to develop your skills in sustainability and social innovation? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are ready to join the Meaningful Leadership for a Better World course at Utrecht Summer School.
This course is designed for students and professionals who want to enhance their leadership potential and make a difference in their communities and organizations. We will explore diverse subjects such as compassionate communication, entrepreneurship, partnerships for sustainable development and the intricate relationship between humans and the natural environment. Furthermore we will delve into valuable lessons from anthropology, indigenous wisdom, transitions, habit formation, and group dynamics.
Led by experienced trainers, an anthropologist and social entrepreneurs, our programme offers a unique opportunity to gain inspiration, develop your skills, expand your network, and collaborate with like-minded peers from different countries and cultures.
Save the date for 15 to 19 July 2024, and join us in the beautiful city of Utrecht, the Netherlands. Immerse yourself in a stimulating and interactive learning experience, complemented by a rich cultural and social programme. Upon completion, you'll receive a certificate of attendance, recognizing your commitment to meaningful leadership. Don't miss this chance to be part of the Meaningful Leadership for a Better World course at Utrecht Summer School. Apply now and embark on an unforgettable journey of learning and growth.
What will you learn?
In this course, you will learn:
- The concepts and practices of meaningful leadership
- Connect to your own purpose, values and meaning
- How to apply these principles to your own context and challenges
- How to communicate your vision effectively and inspire others to create change
- How to develop your personal and professional skills in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Learn from, and be inspired by experiences of your peers
What will you do?
In this course, you will:
- Participate in lectures, workshops, group discussions, and case studies
- Engage in interactive and reflective exercises
- Work on a personal leadership project that addresses a real-world challenge
Monday: Focus & Inspiration
- What world problems touch/shake you to the core?
- What unique qualities can you bring to this world?
- What choices do you need to make to create more focus and clarity?
Tuesday: Communication & Community
- How do you communicate your message effectively and full of inspiration?
- How do you deal with resistance empathically?
- Partnerships: How do you build coalitions and attract your first followers?
Wednesday: Getting things done with compassion in mind
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Art of getting started
- Developing kindness within & improving social intelligence
- Balancing Idealism versus Pragmatism
Thursday: The Art of Being
- Peace inside is peace outside
- Dealing with stress, building resilience, staying on course
- Lessons from antropology: Working beyond dualities
Thursday evening (16.00 - 21.00 hrs): Team activity
Friday: What’s next?
- Understanding the ‘deeper struggle’
- Dream big, act small
- Intention setting & making it concrete
This course is meant for advanced bachelor and master students and professionals.
The courses will start at 10:00 hours every day, and end at around 16:00 hours.
Course + course materials
Utrecht Summer School
If you are eligible for the student fee, please send us a message at email@example.com A limited number of participants (24) is admitted to this course. We accept participants on a first come, first served base.
The housing costs include housing, plus a Utrecht Summer School sleeping bag, for you to keep. This sleeping bag also includes an inflatable pillow and matrass cover. If you wish to bring your own bedding, please contact us, so we can give you a € 50 discount on the housing fee. Please note that you cannot buy individual bedding items.