Do you have a passion for making a positive impact in the world? Do you want to learn how to lead with purpose, values, and ethics? Do you want to develop your skills in sustainability and social innovation? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are ready to join the Meaningful Leadership for a Better World course at Utrecht Summer School. This course will help you discover what meaningful leadership means and how to apply it to your own context and challenges. You will also learn how to communicate your vision effectively and inspire others to create change.
This course is designed for students and professionals who want to enhance their leadership potential and make a difference in their communities and organizations. You will benefit from the expertise and guidance of experienced lecturers and guest speakers from various sectors and backgrounds. You will also have the opportunity to network and collaborate with like-minded peers from different countries and cultures.
The course will take place from 7 to 11 August 2023 in the beautiful city of Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will enjoy a stimulating and interactive learning experience, as well as a rich cultural and social program. You will also receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course. Don’t miss this chance to join the Meaningful Leadership for a Better World course at Utrecht Summer School. Apply now and get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey of learning and growth!
What will you learn?
In this course, you will learn:
- The concepts and practices of meaningful leadership, such as purpose, values, ethics, sustainability, and social innovation
- How to apply these principles to your own context and challenges
- How to communicate your vision effectively and inspire others to create change
- How to develop your personal and professional skills in a diverse and dynamic environment
What will you do?
In this course, you will:
- Participate in lectures, workshops, group discussions, and case studies
- Engage with guest speakers from various sectors and backgrounds
- Work on a personal leadership project that addresses a real-world challenge
- Present your project and receive feedback from your peers and lecturers
- Enjoy a cultural and social program that includes visits to local attractions and organizations
Monday: Focus & Inspiration
- What world problems touch/shake you to the core?
- What unique qualities can you bring to this world?
- What choices do you need to make to create more focus and clarity?
Tuesday: The Art of Being
- Peace inside is peace outside
- Dealing with stress, building resilience, staying on course
- Working beyond dualities
Tuesday evening (18.30-21.00): Team activity
Wednesday: Communication & Community
- How do you communicate your message effectively and full of inspiration?
- How do you deal with resistance empathically?
- How do you build coalitions and attract your first followers?
Thursday: Getting things done with compassion in mind
- Art of Getting Started
- Developing Kindness within & Improving Social Intelligence
- Balancing Idealism versus Pragmatism
Friday: What’s next?
- Understanding the ‘deeper struggle’
- Dream big, act small
- Intention setting & making it concrete
Jan Reinder studied (International) Law at Utrecht University. In 2004 he became European Champion debating and founded a company in debating and communication. In 2006 he published 'De Debatwijzer', a handbook for debaters. In 2008 he left his company and became a diplomat for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for which he served in The Hague and the Dutch Embassy in Ankara. In 2011 and 2012 he studied philosophy part-time. Between 2013 and 2016 he was member of the Dutch team that campaigned for a seat on the UN Security Council. In 2016 he joined the EU Diplomatic Service for three years to work on the prevention of violent conflict outside of the EU. In 2019 he founded a company that focuses on supporting organizations and individuals in developing wisdom. He holds a coaching certificate and followed many trainings in amongst other meditation, empathic communication and inclusive decision making.
Henrik Looij finished a Research Master in Human Geography and Planning(2008). In the same period he became a certified coach. In 2007 he co-founded an incubator for social entrepreneurs and a creative, international agency for social and sustainable development questions. Since then he worked in more than 20 countries worldwide, with a growing network people and organisations that are a continuous source of inspiration. Since 2012 he also is a partner of an organization which uses nature as a teacher for personal and organisational development questions. As a social entrepreneur he is increasingly interested in climate change and mitigation. After co-founding green energy company Groenpand (2013), he now seeks to develop new methods and platforms for sequestering carbon and restoring landscapes. When is he is not in The Netherlands, you can probably find him on the east-coast of Sweden, where he runs an inn with the love of his life and their baby boy.
Imre is an international trainer and (team)coach in higher education, politics and development aid agencies. His expertise lies in personal development, communication and group dynamics. He has a passion for empathic and compassionate communication, personal leadership, finding meaning and critical thinking. As a coach he brings out the best of people in a disarming and an inspiring way. He likes to ask probing questions, challenge assumptions and analyse arguments, all aimed at growth and learning. An idealist in heart and soul, he likes to use his critical mind to better the world. Critical when needed, with humor when possible. He likes to connect heart and mind when doing his coaching. He worked with many politicians and members of parliament, development organisations in Uganda, Laos and Vietnam amongst others, for commercial companies and many universities such as the International Space University in Strasbourg, the Honours Programme at the University of Groningen, Nyenrode Business University and students of the University of Beijing.
This course is meant for advanced bachelor and master students and professionals.
The courses will start at 10:00 every day, and end at around 16:00.
A limited number of participants (24) is admitted to this course. We accept participants on a first come, first served base. If you are eligible for the student fee, please send us a message.
Imre Végh | firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +31 6 1260 2169