1. Create a user account
Your online application starts with creating a personal account on the page: http://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/user/register. After you have filled out the form you will receive an email which includes an activation link for your personal account. Please fill in your personal address and add a profile to make sure we have all necessary information, such as your home university and passport information*.
Important: Please make sure to check your spam folder, in case you cannot find the registration email.
* Why do we need your passport? The reason for this is that you, as a student, gain access to the University's systems. It its obligatory to validate your personal details to obtain access to these systems. After validation, all copies are destroyed within a year.
2. Apply for a course
With your personal account you can log in to our website on the right-hand side and apply for one or more courses by the 'apply' button on the course page.
To apply, you need to take the following steps:
- Please check if you are applying for the correct course;
- You will have to choose if you want housing (yes/no);
- If required: upload documents (e.g. motivation letter, CV, transcript of records). If this is required it will be clearly stated on the course page;
- Fill in your Partner Code (only if applicable)
In case you haven't added a profile or filled in your address to your account, you will not be able to finalize the application. You will find the link to the profile and address in the banner under 'my applications' or under 'my account'.
3. After you have applied for a course
After you have applied you will receive a confirmation of your application by email.
The course leader will review your application as soon as possible. This may take up to a few working days. The course leader will contact you by email if he/she would like to have more information about your background or level of studies. After the course leader has reviewed your application you will be notified of the result by email. You will either be accepted, rejected or your application will be placed on hold.
As soon as you have been accepted for the course, you will receive an acceptance email with the information that you can now pay for the course. It is important to pay the course fee as soon as possible. Placement will be based on the order of payment (first-come first-served). Login to your account and go to 'my courses' where you will find payment options (either by card or bank transfer). Difficulties completing the payment? Please do not hesitate to contact us. As soon as the payment has reached us, you will receive a confirmation of payment and you are officially enrolled for the course.
Your placement in the course is finalized after we have registered your payment in your account and the application is listed as 'complete'.
Please visit our support page for more information.