The Netherlands has two main airports at which you are most likely to arrive: Schiphol Airport or Eindhoven Airport. The public transport system in the Netherlands is very efficient. From both airports there are frequent busses and trains that can take you to Utrecht Central Station.
- You can check the schedule for all public transport (including trains and busses) at: https://9292.nl/en.
- You can check the train schedule at: https://www.ns.nl/en
PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to pay with cash for public transport in the Netherlands. You have to buy a ticket with card!
Buy a ticket online
At the airport you can buy a ticket at one of the ticket machines. Another possibility is to buy your train ticket online before you start your travels to Utrecht. An online ticket is 1 euro cheaper than at that ticket machine. The ticket can be printed or saved on your phone.
Buy an online ticket via this link: Individual tickets | Products (ns.nl)
(in case you are travelling from the airport to Utrecht, choose the option: one way ticket)
Schiphol Airport Amsterdam - Utrecht Central Station
Schiphol train station is situated directly below the airport. There are direct trains to Utrecht every 15 minutes.
- Travel time: About 35 minutes by train
- Cost: A one-way ticket to Utrecht Central Station costs +/- €11,-
Eindhoven Airport – Utrecht Central Station
From Eindhoven Airport there are frequent busses to Eindhoven Central Station. There are direct trains from Eindhoven Central Station to Utrecht every 15 minutes.
- Travel time: About 15 minutes by bus + 50 minutes by train
- Costs: A one-way bus ticket to Eindhoven train station costs €4,00. A one-way train ticket to Utrecht Central station costs +/- €17,-
Utrecht Central Station – Utrecht Summer School
The Utrecht Summer School office is located in the centre of Utrecht, at Janskerkhof. It is a little white building, located next to the entrance of the church in the centre of the square.
You can walk from the station to the office (12 min. walk).
Or you can take a bus to busstop: Janskerkhof (5 min. busride). From the bus stop it is only 1 minute by foot to our office. You can check the schedule at: https://9292.nl/en. It is not possible to buy a ticket with cash.