A professional development course for teachers and lecturers working through English who would like to improve their CLIL/EMI* methodology skills. Participants will develop and improve their understanding, expertise and skills related to CLIL in higher education. Quotes from previous participants: "It was exactly what I was looking for!", "The course was useful for me to practice teaching in English, and to activate students to learn, not just accept what teacher gives them. Also, I understand the importance of the idea that education is not just about delivering information."
A practical, interactive professional development course in CLIL (content and language integrated learning)/EMI (English medium instruction) for teachers and lecturers.
In secondary and tertiary education around the world today, increasing numbers of teachers and lecturers are working in bilingual education, teaching their subject through English. For students and teachers for whom English is a second language this raises a range of important issues. CLIL/EMI methodology can provide the necessary tools that teachers and lecturers need to guide understanding and support their students’ learning process. This hands-on course is for teachers and lecturers in any subject teaching through English who would like to improve their methodology skills. Participants will develop and improve their understanding, expertise and skills related to CLIL and/or EMI (whichever context you are working in); most importantly, the course will be tailormade according to the applicants, their questions and contexts. A personal project with a concrete outcome for your practice is an integral part of the course.
* CLIL: Content and language integrated learning
* EMI: English medium instruction
- Rosie Tanner Freelance Education Consultant www.rosietanner.com
- Elma Zijderveld Educational Consultant and trainer
Lecturers and/or teachers working in education who are interested in and wish to put CLIL (content and language integrated learning) / EMI (English medium instruction) methodology (more) into practice.
Aim of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able:
- to expand and improve their understanding, expertise and skills related to CLIL/EMI;
- to use a range of practical activities for working with CLIL/EMI, particularly active learning and interactive activities;
- to apply the knowledge and skills to create their own high-quality education;
- to practise presentation and lecturing skills through English.
We shall know in mid-May about housing possibilities via the Summer School for participants.
For this course you are required to upload the following documents when applying: