Would you like to feel more confident when expressing yourself in Dutch? Does it annoy you when a Dutch person switches to English even though you’re speaking to them in Dutch? Are you looking to do the NT2 State Exam? Our Dutch Language Level 5 course helps you expand your vocabulary, improve your grammar and train all the necessary language skills up to level B2, which is the required level for the NT2 State Exam. In a small class of up to 16 students with a qualified trainer you’ll advance in your learning quickly and effectively.
This advanced course is designed to improve your Dutch language skills up to level B2. Aside from the essential grammar and vocabulary work, expect lots of speaking, writing, reading and listening assignments on relevant subjects such as leisure, transportation, work, eating and drinking and holidays. We’ll use specific exercises to prepare you for the NT2 State Exam. At the end of the course your understanding of spoken and written Dutch will have improved significantly, and you’ll be able to express yourself in Dutch more proficiently and fluently.
This course will help you:
- expand your vocabulary;
- improve your grammar (verb tenses, conjunctions, om...te, would/could/should, passive, modal, phrasal and reflexive verbs, er);
- further develop your speaking skills (pronunciation, responding, conversations, group discussions);
- further develop your writing skills (spelling, emails, simple texts);
- improve your comprehension of spoken Dutch;
- improve your comprehension of written Dutch;
- prepare for the NT2 State Exam programme II, including all four language skills.
This course will be offered in a virtual classroom setting. Check the course description for more information.
This course corresponds with level B2, as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR), and is suitable for learners who have reached CEFR level B1.
A Dutch language proficiency test, consisting of multiple choice questions and writing assignments, must be completed in advance to determine your level. A teacher will assess your language skills, leading to a personal advice about the most appropriate Dutch course. Please keep in mind it can take up to 3 working days to assess your level.
Aim of the course
The course aim is to improve your Dutch language skills up to CEFR level B2. After completion of the course you’ll be able to:
- comprehend the main idea of complex texts, including technical discourse in your own professional field;
- have fluent and spontaneous conversations;
- produce a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects;
- share your well-argued opinion on a topical issue;
- participate in the NT2 exam programme II.
Total study load: 117 hours
- Contact hours: 57
- Hours of self study: 60