Are you looking to interact more with Dutch natives at the university, at work or in your social life? Do you know basic Dutch, but would you like to improve your grammar and make better sentences? Our Dutch Language Level 3 course will help you develop your language skills. In a small class of up to 16 students with a qualified trainer you’ll advance in your learning quickly and effectively. You’ll also gain insight into interesting aspects of living and working in the Netherlands, such as healthcare, education and employment.
This A2 course is designed for basic users who want to take their Dutch to the next level. In a pleasant and supportive learning environment, using a wide variety of interactive exercises, we’ll work on your language skills and knowledge of Dutch grammar and vocabulary.
The course will help you:
- expand your vocabulary;
- improve your grammar (reported speech, phrasal verbs, past perfect and simple past, reflexive verbs, om..te, er)
- develop your speaking skills (pronunciation, responding, conversations);
- develop your writing skills (spelling, emails, simple texts);
- improve your comprehension of spoken Dutch;
- improve your comprehension of written Dutch.
The Babel institute is situated in a monumental building in the centre of Utrecht. We encourage you to explore this beautiful part of the Netherlands in your free time and practise your newly acquired skills with Dutch locals.
This course will be offered in a virtual classroom setting. Check the course description for more information.
This course corresponds with level A2, as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR), and is suitable for learners who have reached CEFR level A1+. Level A2 allows you to enrol in Dutch courses at level B1.
A Dutch language proficiency test, consisting of multiple choice questions and writing assignments, must be completed in advance to determine your level. A teacher will assess your language skills, leading to a personal advice about the most appropriate Dutch course. Please keep in mind it can take up to 3 working days to assess your level.
Aim of the course
This course aims to expand your Dutch language skills up to CEFR level A2. At the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- understand and create complete sentences and commonly used expressions;
- effectively exchange information for simple and routine matters;
- give more descriptive background information.
Total study load: 50 hours
- Contact hours: 27
- Hours of self study at the institute: 12
- Homework: 11