Do you know a few words and phrases in Dutch, but are you still a beginner? Would you like to improve your comprehension of Dutch and express yourself better? Our Dutch Language Level 2 course will help you expand your vocabulary and knowledge of grammar, and develop your reading, listening, writing and speaking skills. In a small class of up to 16 students with a qualified trainer you will advance in your learning quickly and effectively.
This A1+ course is designed for beginners with some prior knowledge of Dutch. In a pleasant and supportive learning environment, using a wide variety of interactive exercises, we’ll work on your Dutch language skills, grammar and vocabulary. You’ll make your first sentences using the past tense and learn more about travel and leisure in the Netherlands.
The course will help you:
- build elementary vocabulary;
- improve your grammar (word order, past perfect, comparative, pronouns);
- develop your speaking skills (pronunciation, responding, conversations);
- train your writing skills (spelling, emails, simple texts);
- improve your comprehension of spoken Dutch;
- improve your comprehension of written Dutch.
The Babel institute is situated in a monumental building in the centre of Utrecht. We encourage you to explore this beautiful part of the Netherlands in your free time and practise your newly acquired skills with Dutch locals.
This course will be offered in a virtual classroom setting. Check the course description for more information.
This course corresponds with level A1+, as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR), and is suitable for learners who have reached CEFR level A1.
A Dutch language proficiency test, consisting of multiple choice questions and writing assignments, must be completed in advance to determine your level. A teacher will assess your language skills, leading to a personal advice about the most appropriate Dutch course. Please keep in mind it can take up to 3 working days to assess your level.
Aim of the course
This course aims to improve your Dutch language skills up to CEFR level A1+. At the end of the course you can:
- understand and use commonly used expressions and basic phrases;
- request and exchange information for simple and routine matters;
- have simple conversations, provided the other person talks slowly and clearly.
Total study load: 50 hours
- Contact hours: 27
- Hours of self-study at the institute: 12
- Homework: 11